Wave breaker can be used to treat standing wave or back wave in every speaker in your car, truck, boat, rv, office and home. Wave breaker is a synthetic large cell foam placed directly behind the speaker magnet will eliminate standing wave/back wave from that speaker. How is standing wave created? Every speaker creates this wave - when the speaker cone moves in and out waves are created in two directions.
The wave that moves out the front is called music. The wave that moves out the back of the speaker is called distortion. This back wave reflects off the solid surface behind the speaker and bounces back to the front essentially throwing the speaker out of phase. When HushMat is placed behind the speaker these back waves are absorbed and broken up in the wave breaker molecular structure. This prevents the bounce back and therefore prevents the distortion. Therefore you get all the music you paid for out of that speaker.
Simple to use - cuts with scissors and just peel and stick. HushMat's incredible adhesive technology makes this product a very simple install.
HushMat is the only OEM specified and approved sound deadening & thermal insulating material available to the automotive aftermarket.
Features and Benefits
Reduce Heat & Road Noise all from one USA Made product!!
HushMat ULTRA - Butyl Damping Pads “RATED #1 INSULATOR” by Restorer Magazine
- Easiest sound deadening & insulation product to install - peel & stick
- Reduces heat & vibration that creates an uncomfortable ride
- Performs from -30 degrees up to 550+ degrees Fahrenheit
- Light weight & super flexible less than 1/8” thick at less than 1/2 pound per square foot
- Adhesion is guaranteed - No alcohol or acetone wash needed; no installation tools required
- Trims easily with standard razor knife or household scissors
- Self-Adhesive peel and stick – no glue required
- Installs in 1/2 the time versus offshore produced brands
- Manufactured in the United States of America
- Outperforms closest competitive brand by over 40%
- Original Equipment Manufacturer approved - Meets or exceeds automotive damping specs GMO149M - General Motors, WSB-M5G58-A1 - Ford and MS-CD 629 Type C – Chrysler
- Universal application
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- HushMat Ultra effectively treats low frequency, resonant noise from 0 to 1,000 Hz
- Withstands ambient temperatures from -30 degrees up to +550 degrees Fahrenheit
- Requires no surface cleaning / preparation or heat guns to install
- No alcohol or acetone wash needed
- No installation tools required
- Trims with standard razor knife or household scissors
- Self Adhesive peel and stick – no secondary glue - adhesion guaranteed
- Available in Silver or Black Foil
- Reduces thermal transfer by over 40%
- Meets or exceeds damping specs GMO149M - General Motors, WSB-M5G58-A1 - Ford and MS-CD 629 Type C - Chrysler
Easier Installation + Better performance = GREAT VALUE!
HUSHMAT ULTRA is a pressure-sensitive, constrained-layer damper, which has excellent adhesion to many difficult to bond substrates such as oily cold rolled steel, aluminum, steel, fiberglass, automotive coated surfaces, and many plastics including polypropylene. The aluminum foil constraining layer and specially formulated viscoelastic polymer layer combine to give effective vibration damping over a wide temperature range. Ultra is provided in rectangular or square sheets and can be hand-cut for special configurations.
HUSHMAT ULTRA is temperature resistant and will maintain adhesion through all automotive bake cycles including 288°C (550 degrees F) over-bake conditions. This allows its application at any stage of the production cycle. It can be applied to both pre-painted and top-coated metal surfaces. It is compatible with automotive coatings and will not contaminate spray operations. HUSHMAT ULTRA superior adhesion characteristics provide excellent corrosion resistance.
The superior adhesive properties of HUSHMAT ULTRA allow it to be used in horizontal, vertical or inverted applications. It has good conformability and can be applied on complex shapes.HUSHMAT ULTRA is approved for many automotive specifications. Contact your Hushmat representative for details, and for design and custom application assistance.
|COLOR:||Polymer - Black |
Backing – Aluminum Silver or Black
|SPECIFIC GRAVITY:||1.47 (approx. 0.47 pounds per square foot)|
|HARDNESS:||6.5 - 9.0mm. ASTM D-5|
|SHELF LIFE:||At least 6 months when stored at 40°C or less|
|HUSHMAT ULTRA will withstand a bake of 1 hour at 240°C with no deformation, sag, or flow when baked in horizontal, vertical or inverted positions.|
|COLD FLEXIBILITY:||Can be bent around 25mm. mandrel at -30°C with no cracking or loss of adhesion.|
|FLAMMABILITY:||Tested per FMVSS 302, HUSHMAT ULTRA is self-extinguishing and meets all aspects of the standard.|
|SAFETY:||HUSHMAT ULTRA is not considered a hazardous material. Care should be used in handling to avoid cuts from the foil. Gloves are recommended. The Material Safety Data Sheet is available upon request and should be read and understood before using this product.|
|PEEL STRENGTH:||Tested in 90° peel at a crosshead speed of 300mm per minute on a 25mm wide test specimen. Average load in Newtons is reported.|
(N per 25mm width)
|OILY COLD||OILY GALVANIZED||E-COAT|
|After 2 Hours||92||92||77|
|Heat Aged |
2 Weeks at 70 Celsius
|Salt Spray |
2 Weeks at 100% and 38 Celsius
|Environmental Cycle |
5 Cycles of the following
17 Hours at -30 Celsius
72 Hours at 70 Celsius
24 Hours in Salt Spray
7 Hours at -30 Celsius
17 Hours in Salt Spray
7 Hours at 70 Celsius
24 Hours in Salt Spray
|* Baked per automotive paint bake schedule - e-coat.|
Click on the questions below to reveal the answers
Damping is the physics that converts vibration energy into heat. The HushMat Ultra is formulated to dissipate (reduce) this energy and absorb it into the material at any temperature below 550 degrees F (288C). This dramatically reduces the vibration energy and the noise that comes from it. Damping is primarily a mass over area physical science and damping materials characteristics are relevant in three primary areas:
- Adhesion –
HushMat is superior in all three areas when compared to the other brands. HushMat provides superior adhesion across the broad temperature spectrum from -30 to 550 degrees F. HushMat is significantly more flexible than competitive brands, even in freezing temperatures, and no heat guns are needed nor special tools to install it. All you need is a pair of hands and a pair of scissors. HushMat is thinner. However it is slightly higher weight per square foot than the closest competitor. HushMat contains no plastic or asphalt fillers, therefore, you do not have to double layer the application. HushMat is also manufactured in the USA!
Street rods, hot rods and muscle cars and your daily driver vehicle have significant heat that penetrates through the firewall, tunnel and roof. There are several areas on a vehicle interior that experience above average temperatures. The firewall, the tunnel, near the header, above the exhaust, sun light pounding on the roof to name a few. HushMat Ultra comes in dimensions that offer excellent thermal properties. The 1.5mm & 0.47 pounds per square foot compound blended butyl rubber and foil laminate construction provide an excellent treatment for these difficult application areas.
For extra thermal protection apply ½” Silencer Megabond directly on top of HushMat Ultra on the firewall, tunnel and trunk floor for optimum thermal insulating performance. Apply ¼” Silencer Megabond to the back of the headliner for extra insulation from the radiant heat. Call or e-mail us and we can provide you with the best material for these applications. HushMat Ultra is specified to perform at up to 550 degrees F. HushMat Ultra II Hoodliner can also be applied to the engine side of the firewall, hood and front quarter panels.
HushMat Silencer foam should be applied to the following areas:
- ¼” back of door trim panels with foam facing outer skin of door
- ½” under carpet adhered to HushMat Ultra on dash and floor,
- ½” or ¼” under trunk fabric adhered to resin layer of trunk fabric, and rear wheel wells,
- ¼” above the headliner adhered to fiber board of headliner,
- 1/8” on the back of all loose plastic trim or anywhere that plastic and metal rub together and create that annoying squeak and rattle.