Absorb and eliminate high frequency airborne noise that enters the vehicle interior through the air. Sound deadening pads treat structural vibration - noise in a frequency range from zero to 1,000 Hz. Silencer Megabond absorbs airborne high frequency noise up to 4000 Hz frequency. Engine, exhaust drone, road noise and wind noise is well above 1,000 Hz. This noise disrupts your ride and reduce the heat that comes from engine, headers, exhaust and catalytic converter - with one USA Made material - lightweight & self-adhesive HushMat Silencer Megabond. Similar to the application of foam on the ceiling and walls of a recording studio - HushMat's Silencer Megabond performs a similar function in the interior of vehicles.
When driving your vehicle do you feel the heat coming through the firewall, floor & tunnel? Do you hear the road noise and vibration that prevents you from having a phone conversation? - does it drive you crazy? Do you wish you could stop the heat and the noise and enjoy a current model quiet ride on the inside? HushMat is the solution.
Did you know when driving on the highway at 65-70 miles per hour the interior of your vehicle is approaching 80-90 decibels? That is like have a vacuum cleaner or garbage disposal running on your passenger seat! Sounds crazy right? This happens in most vehicles every day. HushMat is the solution to REDUCE the noise level in your vehicle by up to 15 decibels!
Ever think about driving on the highway and then exiting? At the end of the exit ramp what is the first thing you do? You turn down your radio or music because it was too loud! It had to be that loud on the highway to overcome all the noise inside your vehicle. HushMat reduces this noise floor and allows you to hear more music.
Did you also know there is over 200 degrees of heat cooking your firewall and floor pan? That's right - your engine, headers, manifold & exhaust generate tremendous heat that transfers to the metal firewall & floor - this heats up your vehicle interior. This creates a very uncomfortable ride, especially in the summer! This also forces your AC system to work harder to reduce & maintain comfortable temperatures inside your vehicle. HushMat is the solution to reduce thermal transfer into your interior. The combination of HushMat's proprietary USA manufactured visco-elastic Ultra chemistry and the application of HushMat's Silencer Megabond foam dissipates this heat insulating your interior causing less load on you're A/C system - making your vehicle significantly cooler. HushMat's combined treatment is proven in an independent study to lower the thermal transfer into the vehicle interior by over 70%.
HushMat is the only OEM specified and approved sound deadening & thermal insulating material available to the automotive aftermarket.
Features and Benefits
Absorbs Exhaust, Engine & Tire Noise plus adds second layer of insulation!
HushMat SILENCER MEGABOND – Semi-Closed Cell Sound & Thermal Insulating Foam
- Absorbs Wind Noise, Engine Noise, Road/Tire Noise, Exhaust Noise up to 4000 Hz
- Thermal insulation up to 300 degrees F – adds additional 30% insulation!
- Outstanding UV resistance
- Abrasion resistant semi closed cell construction
- Super flexible designed to last for the life of your vehicle or boat
- Terrific memory and available in three thicknesses 1/8”, ¼” & ½”
- ½” applied under carpet on floor, firewall, and trunk
- ¼: applied to back of door panels and back of headliner
- 1/8” applied to back of plastic panels or for lining glove box or console
- Now available in Bulk Rolls!
- One step peel and stick application
- Cuts with Scissors or box knife
- Manufactured in the United States of America
HushMat SILENCER MEGABOND
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Excellent Sound Absorption properties (600 – 4000 Hz)
- Outstanding Adhesive provides effective performance to virtually any substrate.
- Performance over broad temperature range (-40 F up to 300 F)
- Excellent weatherability, including UV resistance
- Conforms to complex shapes
- Reduces Firewall and Tunnel Heat
- Simple to apply – Simply peel and stick!
- No application equipment investment required – no messy spray equipment
- Unaffected by moisture and chemicals – including alkalis and acids
- Easy to compress and handle
Easier Installation + Better performance = GREAT VALUE!
HUSHMAT SILENCER MEGABOND is designed to eliminate higher frequency airborne noise that damping materials do not treat. Engine Noise penetrating through the firewall, wind noise behind door and pillar trim panels and above the headliner, Road noise caused by tires and road surface variation that comes through the trunk and cargo space. This noise is typically above 600 Hz frequency. SILENCER MEGABOND is engineered to absorb this noise. You enjoy the solid feel and quiet ride of your automobile. SILENCER MEGABOND in combination with HushMat Ultra provides excellent thermal insulating properties.
HUSHMAT SILENCER MEGABOND
- ½” Great for fire wall, floor (under carpet) and trunk applications. Also breaks up back wave. Cut and place 10” x 10” square of Silencer Megabond behind speakers in doors or enclosures.
- ¼” Great for behind door trim panel and on back of headliner
- 1/8” Great for all plastic trim to prevent rubbing “squeaking” of trim. Peel release paper and adhere to back of plastic trim.
HUSHMAT SILENCER MEGABOND is a compressible closed cell synthetic rubber material. It consists of foam with an aggressive adhesive on one side that bonds to surface. HushMat SILENCER MEGABOND uses an adhesive that permanently bonds to the substrate.
SILENCER MEGABOND provides outstanding acoustic and sealing properties. SILENCER’s MEGABOND closed cell molecular construction offers aggressive sound absorption properties over a broad frequency range and also compresses to provide exceptional sealing properties. SILENCER MEGABOND also provides excellent thermal insulation.
SILENCER MEGABOND is also outstanding in Home Theatre, skylights, roof panels, curtain walls, windows, boats, yachts, ventilators, HVAC equipment, pump rooms, laundry equipment, generators, machines, motors, autos, recreational vehicles, enclosures, cabinets, refrigerators, dish washers, washers and dryers, office furniture.
|DENSITY:||6.6lbs./ft.3||TEMPERATURE RANGE:||300F to -40F|
|ELONGATION:||510%||FLAMMABILTIY STANDARD:||FMVSS 302|
|TENSILE STRENGTH:||14.3 lbs./in 2||THERMAL INSULATION R:VALUE||6|
|SOUND ABSORPTION:||Excellent||THICKNESS RANGE:||1/8 in. to 1 in.|
|at 600-4000Hz||WIDTH RANGE:||1/4 in. to 36 in.|
|COMPRESSION LOAD:||ADHESIVE STRENGTH|
|at 25%||0.3 lbs./in.2||BUTYL||79 oz./in.|
|at 50%||0.7 lbs./in.2||ACRYLIC||45 oz./in.|
|WEATHERABILITY:||Excellent||AIR PERMEABILITY:||Very Low|
|WATER ABSORPTION:||1.6% or less|
Click on the questions below to reveal the answers
Damping is the physics that converts vibration energy into heat. The HushMat Ultra is formulated to dissipate (reduce) this energy and absorb it into the material at any temperature below 550 degrees F (288C). This dramatically reduces the vibration energy and the noise that comes from it. Damping is primarily a mass over area physical science and damping materials characteristics are relevant in three primary areas:
- Adhesion –
HushMat is superior in all three areas when compared to the other brands. HushMat provides superior adhesion across the broad temperature spectrum from -30 to 550 degrees F. HushMat is significantly more flexible than competitive brands, even in freezing temperatures, and no heat guns are needed nor special tools to install it. All you need is a pair of hands and a pair of scissors. HushMat is thinner. However it is slightly higher weight per square foot than the closest competitor. HushMat contains no plastic or asphalt fillers, therefore, you do not have to double layer the application. HushMat is also manufactured in the USA!
Street rods, hot rods and muscle cars and your daily driver vehicle have significant heat that penetrates through the firewall, tunnel and roof. There are several areas on a vehicle interior that experience above average temperatures. The firewall, the tunnel, near the header, above the exhaust, sun light pounding on the roof to name a few. HushMat Ultra comes in dimensions that offer excellent thermal properties. The 1.5mm & 0.47 pounds per square foot compound blended butyl rubber and foil laminate construction provide an excellent treatment for these difficult application areas.
For extra thermal protection apply ½” Silencer Megabond directly on top of HushMat Ultra on the firewall, tunnel and trunk floor for optimum thermal insulating performance. Apply ¼” Silencer Megabond to the back of the headliner for extra insulation from the radiant heat. Call or e-mail us and we can provide you with the best material for these applications. HushMat Ultra is specified to perform at up to 550 degrees F. HushMat Ultra II Hoodliner can also be applied to the engine side of the firewall, hood and front quarter panels.
HushMat Silencer foam should be applied to the following areas:
- ¼” back of door trim panels with foam facing outer skin of door
- ½” under carpet adhered to HushMat Ultra on dash and floor,
- ½” or ¼” under trunk fabric adhered to resin layer of trunk fabric, and rear wheel wells,
- ¼” above the headliner adhered to fiber board of headliner,
- 1/8” on the back of all loose plastic trim or anywhere that plastic and metal rub together and create that annoying squeak and rattle.