Reduce the annoying noise from your washing machine or clothes dryer; with one USA Made material - HushMat Ultra
Make your appliance like that new expensive model - with HushMat's do-it-yourself Quiet kit for designed to fit all household washing machines & clothes dryers.
Did you know there is over 80 decibels of noise coming from your laundry equipment? That is like having a vacuum cleaner running while you are trying to watch your favorite TV show! Sounds crazy right? This happens in most households every day. HushMat is the solution to REDUCE the noise level in your washing machine or clothes dryer by up to 15 decibels!
Have you ever tried to talk on the phone next to your laundry room? What happed? Most likely you had to move because it was too loud! HushMat reduces this noise floor and allows you to enjoy the quiet.
Have you ever tried to watch TV in the next room while the laundry is running? Did you have to increase the volume of the TV to overcome all the noise? Well one simple treatment with HushMat will solve that problem for as long as you own that washer or dryer.
HushMat is the solution to reduce noise in your home. HushMat's proprietary USA manufactured visco-elastic chemistry dissipates this noise and blocks it at the source.
HushMat sound deadening & thermal insulation material leads the industry in performance and ease of installation. Packaged specifically for your laundry equipment to provide highest performance. Simply peel and stick the HushMat Ultra material, placing the material as shown in the Installation Guides. Reduce the noise and avoid paying inflated amounts for a new laundry machines. Make your old ones as quiet as the new model. Superior performance and adhesion is guaranteed.
Features and Benefits
Reduce Heat & Road Noise all from one USA Made product!!
HushMat ULTRA - Butyl Damping Pads “RATED #1 INSULATOR” by Restorer Magazine
- Easiest sound deadening & insulation product to install - peel & stick
- Reduces heat & vibration that creates an uncomfortable ride
- Performs from -30 degrees up to 550+ degrees Fahrenheit
- Light weight & super flexible less than 1/8” thick at less than 1/2 pound per square foot
- Adhesion is guaranteed - No alcohol or acetone wash needed; no installation tools required
- Trims easily with standard razor knife or household scissors
- Self-Adhesive peel and stick – no glue required
- Installs in 1/2 the time versus offshore produced brands
- Manufactured in the United States of America
- Outperforms closest competitive brand by over 40%
- Original Equipment Manufacturer approved - Meets or exceeds automotive damping specs GMO149M - General Motors, WSB-M5G58-A1 - Ford and MS-CD 629 Type C – Chrysler
- Universal application
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- HushMat Ultra effectively treats low frequency, resonant noise from 0 to 1,000 Hz
- Withstands ambient temperatures from -30 degrees up to +550 degrees Fahrenheit
- Requires no surface cleaning / preparation or heat guns to install
- No alcohol or acetone wash needed
- No installation tools required
- Trims with standard razor knife or household scissors
- Self Adhesive peel and stick – no secondary glue - adhesion guaranteed
- Available in Silver or Black Foil
- Reduces thermal transfer by over 40%
- Meets or exceeds damping specs GMO149M - General Motors, WSB-M5G58-A1 - Ford and MS-CD 629 Type C - Chrysler
Easier Installation + Better performance = GREAT VALUE!
HUSHMAT ULTRA is a pressure-sensitive, constrained-layer damper, which has excellent adhesion to many difficult to bond substrates such as oily cold rolled steel, aluminum, steel, fiberglass, automotive coated surfaces, and many plastics including polypropylene. The aluminum foil constraining layer and specially formulated viscoelastic polymer layer combine to give effective vibration damping over a wide temperature range. Ultra is provided in rectangular or square sheets and can be hand-cut for special configurations.
HUSHMAT ULTRA is temperature resistant and will maintain adhesion through all automotive bake cycles including 288°C (550 degrees F) over-bake conditions. This allows its application at any stage of the production cycle. It can be applied to both pre-painted and top-coated metal surfaces. It is compatible with automotive coatings and will not contaminate spray operations. HUSHMAT ULTRA superior adhesion characteristics provide excellent corrosion resistance.
The superior adhesive properties of HUSHMAT ULTRA allow it to be used in horizontal, vertical or inverted applications. It has good conformability and can be applied on complex shapes.HUSHMAT ULTRA is approved for many automotive specifications. Contact your Hushmat representative for details, and for design and custom application assistance.
|COLOR:||Polymer - Black|
Backing – Aluminum Silver or Black
|SPECIFIC GRAVITY:||1.47 (approx. 0.47 pounds per square foot)|
|HARDNESS:||6.5 - 9.0mm. ASTM D-5|
|SHELF LIFE:||At least 6 months when stored at 40°C or less|
|HUSHMAT ULTRA will withstand a bake of 1 hour at 240°C with no deformation, sag, or flow when baked in horizontal, vertical or inverted positions.|
|COLD FLEXIBILITY:||Can be bent around 25mm. mandrel at -30°C with no cracking or loss of adhesion.|
|FLAMMABILITY:||Tested per FMVSS 302, HUSHMAT ULTRA is self-extinguishing and meets all aspects of the standard.|
|SAFETY:||HUSHMAT ULTRA is not considered a hazardous material. Care should be used in handling to avoid cuts from the foil. Gloves are recommended. The Material Safety Data Sheet is available upon request and should be read and understood before using this product.|
|PEEL STRENGTH:||Tested in 90° peel at a crosshead speed of 300mm per minute on a 25mm wide test specimen. Average load in Newtons is reported.|
(N per 25mm width)
|OILY COLD||OILY GALVANIZED||E-COAT|
|After 2 Hours||92||92||77|
2 Weeks at 70 Celsius
2 Weeks at 100% and 38 Celsius
5 Cycles of the following
17 Hours at -30 Celsius
72 Hours at 70 Celsius
24 Hours in Salt Spray
7 Hours at -30 Celsius
17 Hours in Salt Spray
7 Hours at 70 Celsius
24 Hours in Salt Spray
|* Baked per automotive paint bake schedule - e-coat.|
Click on the questions below to reveal the answers
Damping is the physics that converts vibration energy into heat. The HushMat Ultra is formulated to dissipate (reduce) this energy and absorb it into the material at any temperature below 550 degrees F (288C). This dramatically reduces the vibration energy and the noise that comes from it. Damping is primarily a mass over area physical science and damping materials characteristics are relevant in three primary areas:
- Adhesion –
HushMat is superior in all three areas when compared to the other brands. HushMat provides superior adhesion across the broad temperature spectrum from -30 to 550 degrees F. HushMat is significantly more flexible than competitive brands, even in freezing temperatures, and no heat guns are needed nor special tools to install it. All you need is a pair of hands and a pair of scissors. HushMat is thinner. However it is slightly higher weight per square foot than the closest competitor. HushMat contains no plastic or asphalt fillers, therefore, you do not have to double layer the application. HushMat is also manufactured in the USA!
Street rods, hot rods and muscle cars and your daily driver vehicle have significant heat that penetrates through the firewall, tunnel and roof. There are several areas on a vehicle interior that experience above average temperatures. The firewall, the tunnel, near the header, above the exhaust, sun light pounding on the roof to name a few. HushMat Ultra comes in dimensions that offer excellent thermal properties. The 1.5mm & 0.47 pounds per square foot compound blended butyl rubber and foil laminate construction provide an excellent treatment for these difficult application areas.
For extra thermal protection apply ½” Silencer Megabond directly on top of HushMat Ultra on the firewall, tunnel and trunk floor for optimum thermal insulating performance. Apply ¼” Silencer Megabond to the back of the headliner for extra insulation from the radiant heat. Call or e-mail us and we can provide you with the best material for these applications. HushMat Ultra is specified to perform at up to 550 degrees F. HushMat Ultra II Hoodliner can also be applied to the engine side of the firewall, hood and front quarter panels.
HushMat Silencer foam should be applied to the following areas:
- ¼” back of door trim panels with foam facing outer skin of door
- ½” under carpet adhered to HushMat Ultra on dash and floor,
- ½” or ¼” under trunk fabric adhered to resin layer of trunk fabric, and rear wheel wells,
- ¼” above the headliner adhered to fiber board of headliner,
- 1/8” on the back of all loose plastic trim or anywhere that plastic and metal rub together and create that annoying squeak and rattle.